A Message from your Leadership Team:
At GENESIS®, we “EDUCATE. CERTIFY. CONNECT.” watershape professionals – and we’ve been doing it better than anyone else for more than 20 years.
Our mission starts with education. GENESIS provides the most comprehensive technical education in the industry by focusing on best practices and code compliance, and offering courses taught by the industry’s leading instructors. That’s why our training establishes the highest standards for the industry and we are accredited in compliance with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a pinnacle of excellence in instructional practices.
Our educational structure supports certification in the form of membership in the Watershape Society as either a Registered or Master member. The Society is the most prestigious and accomplished group of watershape builders and designers anywhere in the world. The path to Society certification and membership includes instruction in all disciplines pertinent to our profession: construction, hydraulics, soils analysis, structural design, materials science, concrete applications, color theory, architectural design and much more.
Finally, we are also based on a culture of connection, forging professional and personal alliances with organizations and professionals throughout the U.S. and abroad. Through classwork and social events, our students network with the very best organizations and people industry wide – subject matter experts, fellow builders and designers, key suppliers and distributors and buying groups, among many others. And, our certified members are promoted to the “professional community” (architects, designers and engineers) and, ultimately, homeowners.
GENESIS design professionals and contractors have made a conscious decision to improve their professional, and personal, lives through education and a commitment to higher standards in the watershaping industry. Each year, thousands of professionals attend GENESIS courses, trusting that our faculty and certified family members will share their expertise to help each student elevate their business and themselves. We have long been reaching second-generation pool builders; and, now in our 21st year, we are training second-generation GENESIS students, always with an eye toward the future.
Today, Genesis University® includes more than 200 accredited educational programs instructed by over 46 faculty and staff grouped into five categories: design, engineering, construction, service and business. The Program Descriptions that follow include brief narratives and specific Learning Objectives. If you need more information, please contact GENESIS and we will be happy to provide more detail.
Genesis University raises the professionalism of the industry through world-class education leading to certifications and personal growth.
GENESIS provides the most comprehensive technical education in the industry by focusing on best practices and code compliance. We offer business courses to ensure customer satisfaction and provide a path for long-term relationships and referrals. Finally, our mentoring program establishes rapport, continued guidance, and ongoing success for the student, the mentor, and the organization.
New this year:
- Rebuilt CONSTRUCTION 401: Advanced Watershape Construction manual and presentations.
- 8-hour School on Cost Estimating.
- 16-hour Business School.
- 8-hour School on Landscape Construction and Development.
- Various short courses.
The path to SWD certification includes instruction in all disciplines that matter to our profession: Construction practices, hydraulics, soils analysis, structural design, materials science, concrete applications, color theory, architectural design and much more.
New this year:
- Renewed our IACET-providership, ensuring accredited education through 2023.
- Implemented a brand strategy for the Watershape Society and new protocol for qualifying candidates for Society Registered and Master status.
- Credentialed 10 new SWD Registered, who completed 150 hours of coursework and were vetted by their peers.
- Welcomed 8 new GENESIS Associates who started their journey with us by taking CONSTRUCTION 201: Basic Pool Construction and ENGINEERING 211: Basic Fluid Engineering, and now have officially joined the GENESIS family.
Through classwork and social events, students network with the very best organizations and people industry wide – subject matter experts, fellow builders, key suppliers & distributors, buying groups. Our certified members are promoted to the “professional community” (architects, designers and engineers) and, ultimately, homeowners.
New this year:
- Launched “Ask the Masters” Facebook group and podcasts as a new way to establish the Masters as industry influencers, eager to share technical knowledge with a growing group of professionals.
- Revamped website to better position Society Masters as premier design and construction resources.
- Fine-tuned our Education Partners Program with two of our Platinum Sponsors.
- Broadened support among trade media and association partners.
- Advertised in Luxury Pools and social media outlets featuring Society Masters and Sponsors.
GENESIS® Leadership Team:
Director of Operations GENESIS®
Manager, Education & Marketing GENESIS®