Accredited G3 Offerings at Next Week’s Expo
Pool Design article by Scott Webb
Genesis is offering an enhanced slate of courses at next week’s 2014 International Pool I Spa I Patio Expo [PSP], including both IACET and Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation (FDBPR) certification and continuing education credit options. The G3 programs are categorized into four groups: Design, Engineering, Construction and Business, progressing from introductory to advanced subjects.
“Genesis has constructed its educational program for like-minded individuals who look to pave the way in innovation and integrity of their design, construction and service work,” said Brian Van Bower, President and Co-Founder of Genesis. “I encourage all professionals seeking greatness to register today and take control of their future.”
• Genesis Basic Pool Construction Course (G301 Construction 201) is a three-day program, taking place November 2-4, from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, that is separated into several modules covering engineering and construction and is presented by industry experts in the trade. Topics range from basic pool hydraulics and basic engineering to a complete interactive walkthrough of a sample project from beginning to end. This program is designed to move each student through all the phases of basic pool construction in great detail unlike anything else offered in the industry. IACET and FDBPR accredited.
• Genesis Introduction to Perspective Drawing (G302 Design 101), held on November 2, from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, is a one-day class introducing basic technical drawing skills for anyone pursuing a career in the construction industry. Students will learn how to draw three-dimensional objects on a two dimensional plane, creating illusion and depth that will drive the value of their projects and ability to demand higher fees. IACET accredited.
The Genesis Design Schools (G303 – G304 – G305) will take place on November 3-4, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. These three 16-hour Design School options focus on pools, spas, and landscape design.
• Pool Studio (G303 DESIGN 204) 3D design program can be taken one step further when combined with additional software to create an amazing presentation for discerning clients. IACET accredited.
• Commercial Pools & Waterparks (G304 CONSTRUCTION 251) establishes expectations from planning to operations and guides the student toward a successful transition from residential pool construction into large commercial projects. IACET and FDBPR accredited.
• Basic Fluid Engineering (G305 ENGINEERING 211) provides a detailed foundation of understanding that enables the students to design better hydraulic systems. IACET and FDBPR accredited.
In addition to the Genesis pre-conference education program, which will be held Sunday, November 2 through Tuesday, November 4, G3 will present additional seminars as part of the PSP Expo’s core educational program. These courses will be held from Wednesday, November 5 through Friday, November 7. Four of these courses have been approved for FDBPR credit: DESIGN 461: Waterfalls for Swimming Pools and Landscapes, ENGINEERING 201: State-of-the-Art Spa Details, CONSTRUCTION 309: Beauty of the Edge: Vanishing Edge, Grass Edge and Perimeter Overflow Pools – Part 2, and CONSTRUCTION 408: Construction Techniques for a Vanishing Edge Pool.
“Genesis offers a variety of certifications and continuing education options,” said Skip Phillips, Vice President and Co-Founder of Genesis. “In addition, we are the only educator in the watershape design and construction industry offering IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs). This credibility has enabled Genesis to expand to international venues as well as here in the U.S.”
The 2014 Int’l Pool | Patio | Spa Expo will be held November 5-7, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, USA, with the educational conference taking place November 2-7.
The Genesis education programs are ticketed events and seating is limited, so early registration is encouraged to ensure access to the program.
Registration for the Genesis pre-conference education courses (G301-G302-G303-G304-G305) includes a Super Pass offering admission to seminars on Wednesday-Friday, the Expo on Wednesday-Friday, the Welcome Party and BBQ Bash [must register to attend]. The Super Pass includes the Genesis courses within the main PSP Expo conference program (seminars on Wednesday-Friday). A Super Pass or Day Pass may be purchased separately if not attending the Genesis pre-conference education.
To view admission prices and to register for these programs, attendees should visit www.PoolSpaPatio.com. For more information, call 972.536.6350 or 888.869.8522.