CONSTRUCTION 201: Basic Pool Construction
- Discuss Basic Pool Plumbing, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- Define Layout, Forming & Excavation, Infrastructure Coordination, Shotcrete, Waterproofing.
- List Basic Tile & Coping, Concrete Decking, Pre- Plaster Preparation, Cementitious Pool Finishes.
- Discuss Startup, Punch List & Project Closeout, Project Profile.
This 3-day program is divided into several modules (see ENGINEERING 101 – 104, CONSTRUCTION 101 – 109, and CONSTRUCTION 171 for specific details) presented by experts in each trade. The program begins with engineering topics such as basic plumbing, geotechnical, structural, and electrical design. With a basic understanding of the engineering, Day 2 begins with layout, forming, and coordination of utilities, safety barriers, and other related infrastructure. Shotcrete, waterproofing, tile, and coping trades are also addressed. The final day includes concrete decking, plaster, startup details, and an interactive walkthrough of a sample project from beginning to end. This program is designed to move each student through all the phases of basic pool construction in great detail unlike anything else offered in the industry – it will make every builder better and it is a requirement to become a GENESIS® Associate member.
DBPR/CILB-FL (#0612786 – 24 hours)
2.4 IACET CEUs
Instructor David Peterson P.E., SWD Master, Paolo Benedetti, SWD Master, Randy Dukes & William Drakeley, SWD Master
- Required for GENESIS® Graduate, GENESIS® Associate