CONSTRUCTION 271: Collaborative Project Profiles
- Discuss case studies in high-end residential design and construction.
- Examine the collaborative design/build process in the real world.
- Identify design changes, engineering considerations, project limitations, design, and execution of details.
- Examine completed project, lessons learned.
Join Kate Wiseman and Skip Phillips, SWD Master as they profile several of their collaprojects where the designs were done in collaboration with one another. Discuss how the design process can benefit from having multiple people involved, as well as the considerations needed to insure a successful final product.
0.1 IACET CEUs
Kate Wiseman, MLA
GENESIS® Design Faculty Advisor
Principal Landscape Designer at Sage Outdoor Designs
San Diego, CA
- Bachelor’s degree, Botany, University of California at Berkeley
- Masters of Landscape Architecture, Cal Poly Pomona’s School of Environmental Design
- Member of GENESIS® Education Board
- GENESIS® Design Faculty Advisor
Kate Wiseman is the Principal landscape designer at Sage Outdoor Designs, a firm specializing in the design of beautiful residential landscapes in Southern California. She founded Sage in 2008, and since then her designs have been widely published both locally and nationally. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Botany from the University of California at Berkeley and a Masters of Landscape Architecture from Cal Poly Pomona's school of Environmental Design. Kate began teaching with GENESIS in 2012 and is currently the Design Faculty Advisor.
Skip Phillips, SWD Master
Ambassador and Co-founder of GENESIS®
Skip Phillips, former owner of Questar Pools' and the firm's current principal designer, is one of the world's most renowned designers and builders of custom swimming pools, spas and other forms of aquatic architecture. In 1993, the Robb Report declared Phillips "the world's most influential swimming pool designer" and since then he has received extensive coverage in trade magazines and on T.V., including multiple HGTV appearances, newspapers and prestigious national publications including Better Homes & Gardens, New York Times and Wall Street Journal. He is co-founder of GENESIS and is a charter member of the Society of Watershape Designers. He is widely credited for transforming and uplifting the pool and spa industry. Phillips' body of work includes some of the most beautiful and technically advanced watershapes of the modern era.