CONSTRUCTION 401: Advanced Watershape Construction Design
- Examine Basic Gravity Plumbing, Soil Stabilization, Pier & Beam Foundations, Control & Automation Systems.
- Identify Mechanical, Venting & Exhaust Systems, Advanced Site Work & Forming.
- Review Architecturally Integrated Watershapes, Concrete Science, Fire Elements, Glass Tile Installation.
- Discuss Details – Innovative Aesthetic & Technical Solutions, and Construction at Difficult Sites.
This 3-day program is divided into several modules (see ENGINEERING 301 – 306 and CONSTRUCTION 301 – 307 for specific details) presented by experts in each trade. The program begins with engineering topics such as basic gravity plumbing, drainage, advanced soil stabilization techniques, pier & beam foundations, control & automation systems, and mechanical design for enclosed equipment rooms and vaults. Vessels integrated with other structures such as roof-top pools are also addressed along with fire elements, glass tile, and other details.
2.4 IACET CEUs
Instructor David J. Peterson, P.E., SWD Master, Greg Andrews, Kevin Ruddy, SWD Master, Les Reed, Paolo Benedetti, SWD Master, Terry Brannon & William Drakeley, SWD Master
- Required Prerequisite C201