CONSTRUCTION 405: Translucent Glass Tile Installation
- Examine glass tile in pools and how it differs from other types of tile installations.
- Review industry standards and “best practices” as they relate to glass tile.
- Discuss how translucent glass creates a “viewing window” into the substrate behind the finished surface.
- Profile video demonstrations of proper substrate preparation, waterproofing options and troweling techniques.
- Discuss the importance of proper installation material selection/ systems, jobsite conditions and ambient temperatures, adequate cure times and conditions, and water chemistry.
The popularity of glass tile in pools and water features has grown exponentially in recent years, and the use of translucent glass has generated much concern related to installation material discoloration as well as microbial activity which is visible through the finished product. This program is designed to address these challenges, as well as offer a systematic approach to installing translucent glass and avoiding issues.
0.2 IACET CEUs
Co-founder of National Tile and Stone Authority, Inc.
Greg Andrews is a nationally renowned and award-winning tile contractor and glass mosaic expert. Having completed some of the most intricate and detail-oriented pools in the country, he's well known for his mastery of pool tile installations. While keeping active in installations, Greg's focus in the past decade has gradually turned towards industry involvement in the form of teaching, lecturing, training and consulting. He also manages a Pool Tile Technical Committee through National Tile and Stone Authority, a consulting firm that he co-founded. This level of involvement keeps Greg connected with top tiered tile installers product manufacturers throughout the country, and up to date with the latest in product technology and installation techniques.