Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 101: Introduction to Perspective Drawing
- Identify the basics of drawings, skills, details, and presentations.
- Discuss plan attributes: Plan view, elevations, sections, details and lettering.
- Explain related techniques: drawing orthographic projections.
- Explain Linear Perspective: one and two-point, creating the illusion of depth.
This one-day class introduces basic technical drawing skills for anyone pursuing a career in the construction industry. These techniques will give students the ability to draw 3 dimensional objects on a 2 dimensional plane, creating the illusion of depth. Good visual communication can make the difference between success and failure and the ability to captivate a client. With great illustrations, you will drive the value of the project and be able to demand higher fees.
- Prerequisite for D201, D202, D203, D204, D211, D271, D301, D401
- Recommended prior to D102
- Required for GENESIS® Graduate
0.8 IACET CEUs