Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 131: Identifying New Business & Design Trends
- Examine the ways to capture, process and analyze design trend signs.
- Recognize the evolution of business trends and explore inspirations that influence today’s design.
- Identify market strategies and innovative ways to reach a new audience.
- Identify the ever-changing consumer and how design influences their purchasing decision.
- Examine the latest look in home design and colors.
With his finger on the pulse of design trends from iPhones to interior design, Feras Irikat will explain why things look the way they are and how that affects your purchasing decisions at a subconscious level. These trends run across multiple product and project categories including automobiles, tile blends, and how mixing finishes and styles can be done in an eclectic, but tasteful way.
0.2 IACET CEUs
Director of Design & Marketing for Lunada Bay Tile
Harbor City, CA
- B.A. Interior Design, San Francisco State University
- MA family and consumer sciences
- Advanced graduate work and research in Color Theory and Color Psychology
- Professional Interior Designer
Feras Irikat is the director of design and marketing for Lunada Bay Tile, a leader in the design and production of handcrafted glass, stone, metal, wood and ceramic tiles. Regarded as an innovator in the design industry, he is a multi-dimensional marketing and branding professional with a talent to build strong teams and brand visibility in a variety of markets. Irikat holds a bachelor's degree in interior design and a master's degree in family and consumer sciences from San Francisco State University where he also did advanced graduate work and research in color theory and color psychology. He has taught color theory, applications and psychology at SFSU, U.C. Santa Cruz extension, West Valley College, and at design seminars around the world.