Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 165: From the Beginning with “The Master” Anthony Archer-Wills
- Discuss pond plan development.
- Develop pond and water feature concepts.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate nature into a waterscape.
To inspire and entertain Pool Builders new or experienced in the trade, Anthony Archer-Wills of Animal Planet’s The Pool Master, will present a unique look at his 50 years in the pond and pool business. The presentation will illustrate an exciting and even humorous way of how Anthony’s career has developed from the simple, slightly lopsided, concrete pond to elaborate schemes involving caves, grottoes, waterfalls, huge rock escarpments and tranquil lakes.
0.2 IACET CEUs
President of Anthony Archer-Wills, LLC in Copake Falls, NY
- Author of The Water Gardener, Water Power, and Designing Water Gardens
- In 2008, he received the Joseph McCloskey Prize for Outstanding Achievement in the Art and Craft of Watershaping, awarded by WaterShapes magazine.
Anthony Archer-Wills is one of the world’s foremost authorities on water gardening, responsible for developing many of the new techniques used in the construction of ponds with both concrete and flexible liners. He started his own aquatic nursery and pond construction business in the mid-1960s, and was subsequently invited by the Agricultural Training Board and British Association of Landscape Industries to train companies working in landscape design and construction. Archer-Wills wrote the leading books on the subject – The Water Gardener and Designing Water Gardens – and has lectured extensively worldwide.