Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 173: Architectural Style Series: European
- Identify 6-8 common architectural styles.
- Discuss common characteristics, materials, and details associated with each style.
- Define a custom style book, and its integration into client presentations.
- Recognize significant architectural accomplishments for each style.
This course will give you a fundamental understanding of key European architectural styles, and enable you to communicate knowledgeably with your client about the style of their home. You will learn about key architects and their influence on design. Students will leave with the ability to coordinate details, and relate water elements back to the surrounding environment in an appropriate way.
0.4 IACET CEUs
Kate Wiseman, MLA
GENESIS® Design Faculty Advisor
Principal Landscape Designer at Sage Outdoor Designs
San Diego, CA
- Bachelor’s degree, Botany, University of California at Berkeley
- Masters of Landscape Architecture, Cal Poly Pomona’s School of Environmental Design
- Member of GENESIS® Education Board
- GENESIS® Design Faculty Advisor
Kate Wiseman is the Principal landscape designer at Sage Outdoor Designs, a firm specializing in the design of beautiful residential landscapes in Southern California. She founded Sage in 2008, and since then her designs have been widely published both locally and nationally. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Botany from the University of California at Berkeley and a Masters of Landscape Architecture from Cal Poly Pomona's school of Environmental Design. Kate began teaching with GENESIS in 2012 and is currently the Design Faculty Advisor.