Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 201: Measured Perspective Drawing
- Identify two-point perspective views, grids.
- Convert a scaled plan view into a measured perspective view.
- Diagram modeling pools, spas, and other elements for presentation with rendering options.
- Freehand sketch and shading techniques.
For those students that prefer a hand-rendered drawing over a computer rendered image, this program will show you how to create an accurate perspective view from a scaled plan view. Understand how the scale of objects varies with the distance to the viewpoints so that even a freehand sketch in front of a client or contractor will provide more information than a simple section or elevation view. Your ability to communicate quickly with measured perspective concepts will enable you to visually explain your ideas and get rapid responses from your clients. It will also help you sell concepts that will drive the value of the project up. DESIGN 101 is a prerequisite for this class. This is one of four (DESIGN 201 – 204) optional classes required for the SWD certification.
1.6 IACET CEUs
- Required Prerequisite D101
- This is one of four (D201-D204) optional classes required for the GENESIS® Graduate certification.