Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 411: Integrating Manufactured Pools Into a Master Plan
- Review the Principles of Design, Quick Sketching Techniques, and “Mind-Reading”.
- Create a scaled base plan on site (quickly).
- Convert a scaled base plan into a rendered master plan showing the swimming pool, living spaces, and circulation.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your master plan with an in class presentation.
Through a series of exercises, you will learn how to integrate a manufactured pool into a master plan. You will learn how to quickly render the plan on site and include relevant information so it communicates well to the customer. By being able to show the client exactly what they will be getting, you can eliminate a major obstacle to closing the sale. Give the customer the ability to visualize how the product will fit into their own yard.
0.2 IACET CEUs
Kate Wiseman, MLA
GENESIS® Design Faculty Advisor
Principal Landscape Designer at Sage Outdoor Designs
San Diego, CA
- Bachelor’s degree, Botany, University of California at Berkeley
- Masters of Landscape Architecture, Cal Poly Pomona’s School of Environmental Design
- Member of GENESIS® Education Board
- GENESIS® Design Faculty Advisor
Kate Wiseman is the Principal landscape designer at Sage Outdoor Designs, a firm specializing in the design of beautiful residential landscapes in Southern California. She founded Sage in 2008, and since then her designs have been widely published both locally and nationally. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Botany from the University of California at Berkeley and a Masters of Landscape Architecture from Cal Poly Pomona's school of Environmental Design. Kate began teaching with GENESIS in 2012 and is currently the Design Faculty Advisor.