ENGINEERING 182: Hydraulic Component Compatibility
- Designing safe hydraulic systems.
- Discuss how to “reverse engineer” a hydraulic system.
- Calculate line velocities.
- Identify components for maximum bather safety.
- Review code compliance and relevant standards.
Many times we are presented with an existing pool with unknown hydraulic characteristics. To remain compliant with VGBA, standards and health codes, we must be able to determine what is occurring underground without excavation. This class will explore simple methods and mathematic calculations, utilizing pump curves and flowrate charts to determine line velocities and TDH. Armed with this data, we can assist in determining if drains must be split further, properly size pumps and select suction covers.
0.2 IACET CEUs