ENGINEERING 321: Natural Swimming Pools
- Identify the fundamental technology of Natural Swimming Pools (NSPs).
- Discuss the working vocabulary for NSPs and understand the interrelationship of their systems.
- Define the microbiological standards to which NSPs are held by regulatory agencies.
This seminar begins by describing the science and engineering behind the NSPs ability to produce clarified and purified bathing water. The microbiological standards used to measure the water quality are discussed and real life examples of actual laboratory test results from operating Public NSPs are presented. The introduction of the NSP to North America from its origination in Europe is addressed with an update on the current status of both residential and Public NSPs in the U.S. and Canada.
0.4 IACET CEUs
James G. Robyn, BA, MBA
CEO of BioNova® Natural Pools
- B.A. Astrogeophysics from Colgate University
- MBA in International Management with a concentration in German
James Robyn is the CEO of BioNova® Natural Pools with over 40 years of experience in the swimming pool industry. James consults on chemical-free Natural Swimming Pools (NSPs) focusing on both aesthetic elements and on the technology of the constructed wetlands that clarify and purify the bathing water. His firm provides support to a network of licensed professionals promoting residential Natural Swimming Pools. Robyn has also been a leader involved in the design, planning, installation and maintenance of the first public natural swimming pool in North America at the City of Minneapolis’ Webber Park. A graduate of Colgate University with a degree in Astrogeophysics, Robyn also holds an MBA in International Management.