Home › Program Descriptions › Service › Back
SERVICE 104: Bloodborne Pathogens for Healthcare Workers
- Describe the incidence of blood borne pathogen diseases among healthcare workers and in the population at large.
- Identify the hazards of contact with body fluids that may contain blood borne pathogens.
- Identify how infection control work practices and hospital engineering controls are used to prevent contact with blood borne pathogens.
- Identify the minimum parts of an exposure control plan.
- Identify general actions to follow in response to emergencies involving blood and how to handle exposure incidents.
- Identify the training and record keeping requirements necessary for hospitals to meet the blood borne pathogen standards set by OSHA and JCAHO.
The goal of this course is to enable healthcare workers to minimize the possibility of exposure to blood borne pathogens.