Home › Program Descriptions › Service › Back
SERVICE 151: Home Pool Essentials
- How to make the pool/hot tub area safer for your family and guests.
- The main elements of an emergency action plan.
- Three emergency action steps.
- The safety equipment that should be in the pool/hot tub area.
- The basic types of equipment and what they do.
- The most common water problems.
- Unique features of hot tubs.
It is important for owners of pools and hot tubs to have a basic understanding of pool and spa operation and safety. Education in this course is provided by industry leaders, such as the American Red Cross and the National Swimming Pool Foundation®. Proceeds from this course support local American Red Cross Chapters. A downloadable PDF handbook is available with course purchase.