Home › Program Descriptions › Service › Back
SERVICE 205: Basic Respiratory Protection
- Identify types of respiratory hazards and possible effects, either acute or chronic.
- Recognize how engineering and administrative controls are applied to minimize or eliminate personnel exposure to respiratory hazards.
- Identify the criteria used to select appropriate respiratory protection.
- Recognize the types and limitations of air purifying respirators.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages associated with using air- purifying respirators.
- Recall the three respirator qualifications, which must be in place before donning a respirator.
The goal of this course is to ensure users are qualified and properly trained in the use and maintenance of respirators.