Home › Program Descriptions › Service › Back
SERVICE 303: Hazardous Waste Management
- Identify the purpose of a waste management program.
- Define the categories of waste, including hazardous, universal, “potentially’ hazardous, and nonhazardous.
- Identify the purpose for regulating hazardous waste, which regulatory standards apply to hazardous waste management, and the three classifications of waste generators under RCRA.
- Recognize the criteria for determining if “you” generate a hazardous waste.
- Identify the container, labeling, and storage requirements for hazardous waste.
- Identify the requirements for developing and implementing an inspection program for hazardous waste.
- Identify transportation and disposal requirements for hazardous waste.
- Identify the requirements for emergency preparedness and contingency planning.
- Recognize the requirements for training personnel, reporting, and record keeping.
- Identify typical hazardous wastes, universal wastes, and potentially hazardous wastes.
The goal of this online course is to allow the user to define a hazardous waste, recognize the standards that regulate hazardous waste, and identify the requirements of hazardous waste management.