Home › Program Descriptions › Service › Back
SERVICE 408: Aquatic Facility Audits
- Understanding an AFA, objectives and types of audits.
- Audit planning.
- Inspecting the work area and work practices.
- Completing the audit report.
- Aquatic audits, around the pool, in the pool, pump room and storage areas and spa facilities.
- Aquatic play features.
- Facility records, audit forms and employees.
- On-site lifeguard operations audit individual lifeguard skills testing checklist.
This course helps managers, operators, and service professionals view the facilities they operate with a fresh eye focused on reducing risk. The course includes a copy of the Aquatic Facility Audits handbook and educates people about why safety audits are important and how to actually plan and conduct a safety audit. The course also teaches how to formulate corrective action, write audit reports, and conduct follow-ups to ensure the desired corrective actions are taken.