Home › Program Descriptions › Business › Back
BUSINESS 106: Design & Construction Agreements
- List key elements of design agreements and construction contracts.
- Discuss how to get paid for your design work and fixed-fee vs. cost-plus.
- Identify how to handle travel expenses and reimbursable fees.
- Describe how to manage progress payments.
Staying out of trouble is the most important requirement for success. But if something goes wrong, your agreement is the last line of defense from a legal standpoint. Understand the differences between design and construction agreements and fixed- fee vs. cost-plus. You will get some insight into the legal considerations and requirements of agreements. Lastly, learn how to handle fees and markup so that you don’t get ahead or behind the expenses.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.2 IACET CEUs