Home › Program Descriptions › Business › Back
BUSINESS 306: Elements of Litigation
- List potential liabilities, limitations of liability and ways to avoid liability.
- List documents that are important in the defense of liability including agreements, soils reports, drawings, specifications, change orders, etc.
- Describe how to handle potential litigation and what to do if you have a construction defect, warranty claim, or breach of contract issue.
- List issues to consider when asked to look at a competitor’s construction defect or when asked to work on a problem project.
Avoiding litigation is always the best practice, but sometimes, no matter how well you perform, you may be named in a suit even if a problem is the direct result of someone else’s work. Learn how to protect yourself and your company with contractual considerations and real world experience. It is always better to learn from the mistakes of others and these instructors will share a bit of their expert witness experience with the class.
- PSP Expertise: Builder/Installer
- PSP Focus: Builder/Installer
- PSP Level 200
0.15 IACET CEUs