CONSTRUCTION 103: Shotcrete
- Explain shotcrete, mix design, aggregates, water/cement ratios, admixtures.
- Identify equipment, air compressors, concrete pumps, nozzles, dry-mix, wet-mix.
- Discuss proper shotcrete techniques.
- Examine code requirements, ACI and ASA standards, Certified Nozzlemen.
Shotcrete is the preferred method of concrete placement for over 90% of pools. The process gives the builder flexibility to pneumatically direct concrete to any position, including overhead, while densifying and strengthening the concrete through high-velocity compaction. This module uses the foundation established by the ACI and ASA standards as well as several years of hands-on experience by the instructor to give a thorough presentation of the shotcrete process.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.2 IACET CEUs