CONSTRUCTION 251: Commercial Pools & Waterparks
- Identify design options, engineering challenges, construction issues, and how to assemble a team to succeed in big construction.
- List code considerations (especially ADA and MAHC), permit processing, and differences between residential projects and commercial pools and waterparks.
- Discuss working with municipalities, architects, engineers, and general contractors, expectations of project management, document control, longer schedules, cash flow, bonds, insurance, etc.
- Identify operational requirements and seasonal changes from lifeguards to maintenance.
Residential pool builders attempting larger commercial projects can quickly get themselves into trouble by not understanding the additional hurdles and associated time and expense required of larger projects. Undoubtedly, these complex projects will necessitate additional design and engineering detailing and even new construction methods. This program establishes expectations from planning to operations and guides the students toward a successful transition into large projects.
- PSP Expertise: Builder/Installer
- PSP Focus: Builder/Installer
- PSP Level 2
1.6 IACET CEUs