CONSTRUCTION 281: Major Renovations
- Develop a complete renovation project from site reconnaissance to troubleshooting failures, and creating a first draft design.
- Establish the work scope including design, material selection, structural engineering, mechanical systems, and construction considerations.
- Understand the nuances of proper renovation work and examine images that will inspire, illustrate, and explain the key topics.
- List key renovation considerations including codes, standards, contracts, liability, contingency, and other constructability issues.
Successful major renovations require a wide range of knowledge and skills including design, engineering, and construction. This is the industry’s first two-day renovation school that presents a series of short, targeted lectures linked together by an interactive renovation design project. Beginning with client interview and site reconnaissance information, the students will be guided by leading industry experts to document project-specific details considering everything from materials to liability concerns. Students will choose one of three different projects to develop.
- PSP Focus: Builder/Installer
- PSP Level 200
1.6 IACET CEUs