CONSTRUCTION 302: Architecturally Integrated Watershapes
- Review watershapes abutting, structurally linked, or supporting other buildings or elements thereof.
- Examine watershapes on podium or rooftops.
- Examine shotcrete shell within a coffer, stainless steel pools.
- Identify waterproofing and drainage systems, special details, code considerations.
Some vessels are integrated into other structures to achieve certain aesthetic concepts, like floating rooms or swim-up bars. The level of difficulty increases since the adjacent structure imparts additional loads on the vessel while simultaneously requiring even greater protection against leaks. This module looks at both residential and commercial projects integrated with other structures and it identifies numerous considerations that help make the students successful.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.2 IACET CEUs