CONSTRUCTION 408: Construction Techniques for a Vanishing Edge Pool
- Review excavation and drainage underneath common wall(s).
- Identify proper forming and load resistance.
- Review proper and improper plumbing installations.
- Identify shotcrete applications do’s and don’ts.
- Review the effects of construction techniques on finished materials.
- Describe the effects of construction techniques on water flow and/or water in transit.
One of the most distinctive features in modern swimming pool design and construction is the vanishing edge. The visual phenomenon of water perpetually in transit is a tribute to quality engineering and execution. Using real case studies of what will and will not work, this module describes the steps necessary to successfully construct a vanishing edge swimming pool. The class will focus on quality plans and good engineering, soil analysis and site preparation, forming, plumbing, shotcrete application, and proper finishes.
- PSP Expertise: Builder/Installer
- PSP Focus: Builder/Installer
- PSP Level 4
0.2 IACET CEUs