Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 124: Set Your Yard on Fire – Designing with Candles, Fireplaces, Fire Bowls and Fire Pits
- The key to designing backyard fire features is based around the activities of the family and the intended function.
- Where will the fire feature be located and is it safe?
- What type, style, shape and size of fire feature integrates into the overall design?
The presentation will discuss landscapes with fire features that really fit the overall design. A fire feature can just be a side element in a backyard, like an afterthought, or it can complement the landscape design and the family’s activities. A variety of fireplaces, fire pits, fire bowls and candles will be discussed that enhance the overall outdoor experience. APLD certified designer, Colleen Hamilton, will demonstrate beautiful and functional fire features from work by APLD designers from across the continent including gardens showcased in recent national conferences.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.15 IACET CEUs