Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 176: Tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Home and Studio plus the Robie House
- Discuss history of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Review Wright’s early career and the experiences that influenced his work.
- Recognize significant projects and their influence on architecture to follow.
This tour brings students into the home and studio where Frank Lloyd Wright began his historic career. A Docent will explain the history of the home and Wright’s transition from employee at a Chicago firm to the development of the Prairie style of architecture in the studio that was added to the home in 1898. A fellow-architect described the studio as a workplace with “inspiration everywhere.” After we get inspired, we will get lunch and finish up with a tour of the Robie House at the University of Chicago.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 300
0.2 IACET CEUs