Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 179: Working with Architects
- Discuss how individuals become Architects: schooling, licenses, continuing education, etc.
- Review approaches from different schools. Design, technical, worker vs. principal.
- Discuss Who’s the Boss: employed by the Architect vs. Employed by the Owner.
- Identify past the water, doing a design that includes the yard: landscaping and other features.
While designing a house, an architect may employ a watershape designer/contractor, and his design ideas may overflow into the design of the watershape. The architect may give details to be followed in the pool design, or the architect may request that the watershape designer take on the full responsibility of the pool and either deal with the architect or possibly the owner. This seminar will provide insight into working with an architect and concepts to working together.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 300
0.15 IACET CEUs