Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 181: Major Renovation of Pools – Design and Construction Considerations
- Discuss examples of major renovations.
- Identify before, after, and construction photos and drawings.
- Recognize how a relatively inexpensive re-tile and re-plaster project can turn into a six-figure renovation.
- List construction considerations, limitations of existing vessel, site, and soils.
Major renovation goes well beyond updating tile, plaster and equipment of an existing pool. The shape of the pool can change, elements such as a spa are added or removed and the finished product can be unrecognizable from the original. Learn how to apply design strategies and to identify architectural elements that offer creative opportunities to a holistic design approach to the swimming pool environment and beyond. This program is required for the Service Professional certification and there is also an engineering-focused presentation on renovations: ENGINEERING 181: Major Renovation of Pools – Structural and Hydraulic Considerations.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 300
0.3 IACET CEUs