Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 202: SketchUp
- Explain 3-dimensional modeling with Google SketchUp, SketchUp Pro, and LayOut.
- Define axes, drawing tools, solids, extrusions, layers, styles, painting, 3D Warehouse, and other tools.
- Recognize plan views, elevations, sections, details, two and three-point perspective views.
- Examine modeling pools, spas, and other elements for presentation with rendering options.
SketchUp is frequently used by architects in both small offices conceptualizing residential projects as well as large international firms designing commercial developments on a grand scale. The strength of the application is the intuitive interface and modeling simplicity while maintaining dimensional accuracy. Using their own laptop computers, students work through a series of instructional exercises and development of a pool project.
1.6 IACET CEUs
Instructor Michael Nantz, SWD Master
- Required Prerequisite D101
- This class is a prerequisite for D302: Digital Rendering with SketchUp
- This is one of four (D201-D204) optional classes required for the GENESIS® Graduate certification.