Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 203: AutoCAD
- Explain basic drawing and modification tools for 2- dimensional AutoCAD design.
- Define axes, drawing tools, layers, item properties, and other tools.
- Recognize plan views, elevations, sections, details, model space, paper space, and file management.
- Examine designing pools, spas, and other elements for presentation.
Autodesk is the worldwide leader in software development for the architecture, engineering, construction, and film studio industries. AutoCAD is their flagship design application and this 2-day program introduces the basics so that each student can begin to communicate digitally with architects, engineers, and the building trades. The strength of the application is the universal use among professionals and the ability to reference multiple files so that a watershape designer can simply overlay their work on files provided by others such as topographical surveys, site plans, and other consultants’ work product. Using their own laptop computers, students work through a series of instructional exercises and development of a pool project.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 300
- Required Prerequisite D101
- This is one of four (D201-D204) optional classes required for the SWD certification.
1.6 IACET CEUs