Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 231: Color Theory & Its Application
- List light, vision, and color physics, color theory, primary colors, mixing, blends, color wheel.
- Discuss color psychology, how color affects the viewer, influences of color and texture on purchasing decisions.
- Understand the makeup of a color DNA and the ability to reproduce and match colors.
- Understand the meaning of the color illusion and work through case studies analyzing how color can make or break the design concept.
Looking through a magazine of pools, it is easy to find well conceived plans that failed to unify the design with proper material and color selections. Color is one of our basic means of communication and influences our emotions, therefore it must be understood and controlled. This program introduces the basic dynamics of color, its principles, fundamentals, its psychology, and how to apply the science to project design.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 300
1.6 IACET CEUs