Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 272: Architectural Style Series: Modernism & Mies van der Rohe
- Discuss brief biography of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe including his direction of the Bauhaus and the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Identify Modernism architecture.
- Recognize significant projects and their influence on architecture to follow.
- Identify project photos, renderings, and drawings.
This class provides an overview of the history and importance of one of Germany’s and America’s greatest architects, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. Often associated with the aphorisms, “less is more” and “God is in the details”, his use of modern materials and simplified architecture had a permanent impact on most architecture to follow. Learn about van der Rohe’s influence and how many of our current watershape projects are guided by his principles.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 300
- Required Prerequisite D101
- This is one of four (D201-D204) optional classes required for the SWD certification.
0.17 IACET CEUs