Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 351: Dry-Deck Fountain Safety
- Identify dry-deck sanitation issues and explain solutions.
- Describe ocular and soft tissue damage concerns, research, and preventative considerations.
- Recognize toe entrapment problems and identify solutions.
- Discuss design options to improve overall dry-deck fountain safety.
Municipal codes are evolving to accommodate the higher risk of public health and safety associated with dry-deck water features. Sanitation is difficult where high bather loads overload relatively small surge basins but this program presents solutions. Also, research developed by Crystal Fountains and a University of Virginia professor that specializes in ocular damage studies will be presented to show how injuries can be reduced.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.8 IACET CEUs