Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 412: Designing and Building the Landscape Master Plan
- Identify project goals with owners and architects.
- Discuss construction challenges with landscape structures (Retaining walls, walkways, masonry).
- Explain the importance of site drainage and irrigation.
- Examine interactions between the living landscape, the hardscape, and the aquatic environment.
The course will be a case study in designing and building a cohesive master plan that includes landscapes, hardscapes and aquatics. Understanding the project as a whole and studying how to efficiently design and build structures beyond the swimming pool will be the central focus. Installation methods and material for driveways, retaining walls, sidewalks, fencing and walls will be covered as well as topics on irrigation installation and lighting.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.2 IACET CEUs