Home › Program Descriptions › Design › Back
DESIGN 423: Outdoor Living: How to Create Beautiful and Comfortable Outdoor Rooms
- Discuss trends in outdoor design and how these trends come about.
- Analyze how design trends can give us a tool for better understanding the wants and needs of our customers.
- Review emerging styles and what you need to know to apply them.
- Interpret why a solid understanding of trends is necessary for achieving excellence in our profession.
Outdoor living is the perfect way to add usable square footage to a home by extending the living spaces outdoors. A well-designed outdoor living room, dining room, or kitchen can add value to a home and add functionality to a backyard. But what does it take to design a beautiful and comfortable outdoor room? We will discuss the elements to take into consideration, with plenty of designer tips and tricks to get your clients living al fresco. You will learn methods that will help you determine layout and location of site improvements, how to tie the outdoor living spaces together with the water elements on site, as well as the creation of aesthetics and style for outdoor living elements. We will also discuss up-and-coming trends in outdoor living.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 4
0.2 IACET CEUs