ENGINEERING 101: Basic Pool Plumbing
- Discuss the introduction of physics of water including pressure, flow rate, velocity, energy, friction, etc.
- Discuss Total Dynamic Head (TDH), system curves, pump curves and selection.
- List code limitations and recommended design parameters for safety and efficiency.
- Explain construction details for plumbing and equipment.
This module introduces basic hydraulic considerations and provides the student with a series of construction details. It is not designed to enable students to complete TDH analysis or design complicated systems. It also does not address gravity systems or water-in-transit systems such as vanishing edges and slot-edges. The primary focus is construction considerations of basic pools and spas. Gravity systems are introduced in ENGINEERING 301: Basic Gravity Plumbing. For a thorough education in hydraulics see ENGINEERING 211: Basic Fluid Engineering and ENGINEERING 311: Advanced Fluid Engineering.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.15 IACET CEUs