ENGINEERING 203: Structural Repairs of Existing Pools
- Identify types of failures in reinforced concrete (cast-in-place, dry-mix, or wet-mix shotcrete) pools.
- List repair options and their applicability to specific failure types.
- Review why certain repair products (e.g., epoxy or staples) fail.
- Discuss specific details and photos of repairs.
Implementing the wrong type of repair can lead to even more costly repairs. Therefore, it is imperative to understand the failure type and develop a suitable repair that will fix the original defect without creating a new one. Some common repairs in the industry such as epoxy or staples simply don't work in some situations. This program will expose you to some common myths and show preferred repair methods.
- PSP Expertise: Builder/Installer
- PSP Focus: Builder/Installer
- PSP Level 300
0.1 IACET CEUs