ENGINEERING 211: Basic Fluid Engineering
- Identify physics of water: area, depth, volume, mass, pressure, velocity, flow rate, energy, and others.
- Discuss and apply the basic principles, code limitations, and rules-of-thumb to hydraulic design to ensure performance and improve safety, energy conservation, and life of the system.
- Calculate WatershapeAdvisor® series of software worksheets, including QuickSizer for rapid pipe size selection. Also calculate Total Dynamic Head (TDH), compute electrical, and gas heating operating costs.
- Perform the complete analysis of a basic pool and spa combination with a water feature as a class project.
Every watershape requires at least a basic understanding of the hydraulic principles that make it work. This program provides a detailed foundation of understanding that enables the students to design better hydraulic systems. The software worksheets alone are invaluable. There is a detailed project worth 50% plus an online exam worth 50% of the passing score. This program is required for the SWD certification and it is a prerequisite for ENGINEERING 311: Advanced Fluid Engineering.
- PSP Expertise: Builder/Installer
- PSP Focus: Builder/Installer
- PSP Level 300
1.6 IACET CEUs