ENGINEERING 251: Model Aquatic Health Code - Design & Construction Section
- Interpret the history, current status, and future of the MAHC’s Design & Construction module.
- List the key requirements such as plans, materials, equipment standards, aquatic venue structure, indoor/outdoor environment, recirculation and water treatment, decks and equipment, filter/ equipment room, hygiene facilities, water supply/ wastewater disposal, and specific venues.
- Discuss the new filtration turnover requirements and calculations.
- Describe the minimum requirements for disinfection systems such as chemical monitoring and control.
The Model Aquatic Health Code (MAHC) was developed by several volunteer teams representing various aspects of aquatics from design and construction to operations and maintenance. This program provides a brief overview of the Design & Construction section with a primary focus on the filtration turnover requirements and calculations that have advanced significantly since the MAHC began development in 2007. It is expected that health departments around the country will adopt some of these consensus-based guidelines and this class will help you stay onestep ahead of your local health department.
- PSP Expertise: Builder/Installer
- PSP Focus: Builder/Installer
- PSP Level 2
0.2 IACET CEUs