ENGINEERING 281: Renovation of Fountains – Hydraulic Considerations
- Discuss project assessment, hydraulic tests, and documentation of existing conditions.
- Identify hydraulic performance and issues, equipment replacement, and material compatibility with potential water chemistry changes.
- Explain important safety considerations, the ANSI/APSP-7 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance, and unique solutions to renovation projects.
- Examine code requirements and ways to make old non-compliant projects safe.
This presentation focuses on the hydraulic aspects of fountain renovation. We will start with what to look for during the initial site visit and project assessment, and then move to a list of considerations to review during the design. Technology for water treatment and equipment has changed and we will discuss how to implement these improvements and where they should be avoided. Most importantly, safety and code compliance is key and the changes could have a detrimental effect on the project or, with some creative ingenuity, they may enhance the project.
- Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.1 IACET CEUs