ENGINEERING 301: Basic Gravity Plumbing
- Identify the physics of water moving through sloped pipes and channels, and over weirs.
- Analyze drainage system design.
- Explain recommended design parameters for gravity lines, weirs, and surge basins.
- Discuss construction details for plumbing and equipment.
This module introduces basic gravity hydraulics and provides the student with a series of construction details. It is not designed to enable students to complete water-in-transit designs or other complicated systems. The primary focus is construction considerations of gravity systems. For a thorough education in hydraulics see ENGINEERING 211: Basic Fluid Engineering and ENGINEERING 311: Advanced Fluid Engineering.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
- Prerequisite: ENGINEERING 101: Basic Pool Plumbing
0.17 IACET CEUs<
Instructor David J. Peterson, P.E., SWD Master