ENGINEERING 305: Mechanical, Venting & Exhaust Systems
- Identify combustion air, passive ventilation, mechanical ventilation, dehumidification, exhaust systems.
- Discuss confined space, emergency egress, lighting, and specific code requirements.
- Describe noise and vibration suppression, chemical storage, leak and gas detection.
- Discuss construction details for racking equipment, compact assemblies, pipe supports, wall penetrations, etc.
High-end projects often require enclosed equipment rooms or subterranean vaults. Enclosing the equipment adds several requirements for maintaining air quality, personal safety, noise and vibration suppression, and prevention of fire and explosions from mixing chemicals or trapping heavy propane gas in a low area. This module identifies a multitude of problems and solutions for enclosed equipment areas.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.2 IACET CEUs