ENGINEERING 311: Advanced Fluid Engineering
- Discuss advanced hydraulic, hydrology, and fluid dynamics design, including gravity systems.
- Discuss water-in-transit engineering including vanishing edges, slot-edges, gutters, and water features.
- Use all new WatershapeAdvisor® series of software worksheets, including surge basin design, gravity and drainage systems, channels, lazy rivers, level-bottom slot channels, and more.
- Perform the complete analysis of a vanishing edge and slot-edge pool and spa combination as a class project.
Advanced watershapes require advanced hydraulic analysis. This program pushes fluid engineering for pools, spas, and water features to a higher level. The WatershapeAdvisor® series of software worksheets is also improved and expanded with new tools not available anywhere else. Please note that this is an entirely new program that requires ENGINEERING 211 as a prerequisite. There is a detailed project worth 50% plus an online exam worth 50% of the passing score.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
1.6 IACET CEUs