ENGINEERING 321: Natural Swimming Pools
- Identify the fundamental technology of Natural Swimming Pools (NSPs).
- Review the biological ecosystem of an NSP.
- Discuss the working vocabulary for NSPs and understand the interrelationship of their systems.
This seminar begins by describing a Natural Swimming Pool (NSP). A constructed body of water, engineered to swimming pool standards, in which all purification of the water is achieved by botanical and biological filters, aquatic plants, and beneficial microbes in a carefully constructed wetlands regeneration zone. Learn how the water in an NSP is not disinfected or sterilized in any way, it is a biologically active living ecosystem and how NSPs are ecologically harmonious, healthful for humans and the environment, and 100% chemical-free.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.4 IACET CEUs