ENGINEERING 391: Passive Solar Systems for Pools
- Discuss basic passive solar technology for swimming pools, including site location, orientation, seasonal shading, and sizing.
- Explain panel technology, installation methods, racking, control systems, and operational/winterizing concerns.
- Outline design process and operating parameters.
- Identify best practices and illustrate installation problems and solutions.
Solar energy, when done right, provides virtually free heating to a pool without burning fossil fuels. As energy costs continue to increase, the demand for solar systems will grow and you should know exactly how it all works. Even if you don’t install the systems yourself, you should understand the limitations and best practices for design and installation so that your sales pitch and cost estimating are accurate.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 200
0.17 IACET CEUs