ENGINEERING 401: Slot-Edge Pool Hydraulics
- Discuss the physics and mathematical analysis used to design slot-edge systems.
- List the potential problems and solutions for everything from splash-out to gutter noise.
- Analyze detailed calculations for edge system gravity hydraulics and Total Dynamic Head.
- Identify details for the return plumbing system that help ensure a mirror finish at the surface.
Slot-edge pools require a gravity system that starts with the weir and channel and is complicated by the outlets, collector pipes, strainers, and surge basin. This program follows the flow of edge water through its circulating journey, addressing the physics, problems, solutions, details, and calculations that will make the slot system successful and with minimal noise and energy loss.
- PSP Expertise: Landscape Designers
- PSP Focus: Architect/Designer
- PSP Level 400
0.15 IACET CEUs